Rapid Prototyper 2
Since I wrote the last blog “Rapid Prototyper”, I have been struggling to put my work together. First, I had to make silicon molds with the box and the lid made by Rapid Prototyper.
It was disastrous. I coated bumps inside of the box with super glue (and still it was impossible to make it completely smooth) and I left it dry for a couple of days before I sanded it. Making silicon mold with the lid was quite successful. But as for the box, the silicon stuck inside and I took hours to tear the silicon off the box. Now the inside of the box is full of scratch and some remaining of silicon. I have to think another way to smooth it out and how I will make silicon mold again. For now, I used just outside of the box for silicon model, and for inside, I used wood model. From these models, I made the final plaster + silica mold for firing.
Next time I will talk about what these boxes are about.